Thursday, December 27, 2007

SAMURAI JU JITSU HOMBU DOJO EARLY SEVENTIES

Sundays at the SAMURAI JU JITSU HOMBU DOJO was rough to say the least. No nonsense training Samurai Ju Jitsu is a hard core ju jitsu style founded be Pete Siringano I. In the forefront of the photo I am getting ready to be thrown by one of my dojo brothers.
One day at these classes, the grand master ask for a volunteer. I was the first to get up. He turn and said "No Ro, I want you to see this one". I said, I would like to feel it before I see it. No soon as my mouth uttered that last word of that statement, I felt my body levitating towards the wall. Lighting speed I did not see where his hand came from but felt his fingers disappearing in my chest cavity. It was a spear hand.
In the photo's background you can see Grand Master Siringano (gray sideburns) on the mat giving Sensei Vince Patalano (center) pointers on the techniques. Click on photo to enlarge it.
Don't Forget the BENEFIT MEMORIAL FOR MUHAMMAD SALAHUDDEEN AND THE UNIVERSITY OF THE STREETS. Sunday, JANUARY 27, 2008 3:00 pm until



No comments: