Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Grand Master Isaac Henry Passes



I would like to send my blessing to those who travel east and do the work of the Grand Architect of the Universe.

We of the Nisei Goju Family send our condolences to the family of Grand Master Isaac Henry Jr. I remember watching his group at karate tournaments back in the day. A championship crew, GM Henry troops were all respected by the martial arts community. He produced many champions of the arts. Grand Master Isaac Henry Jr. served his country in the military, was a police chief and founded the BKG martial arts system.

Grand Master Henry was one of the pioneer of the American Martial Arts Movement. Rest in Peace O'Sensei(great teacher) Henry, for you have taught many, the lessons of martial arts and life. You will be remembered by those lives you have touched. OSU!!!

Picture Above: Grand Master Isaac Henry and son Hanshi Fred S. Henry

1 comment:

Len Feder said...

I was one of his students in the late 1960s and early 1970s. I remember his wife and two sons. I participated in a tournament at his school. It's nice to remember the good old days and a wonderful karate class.