Sunday, February 8, 2015

The Search for the Truth: Homeward Bound Road


I would like to rewelcome Sensei Sam Lewis back to the Nisei Goju System.  Sensei Sam  Lewis and I grew up on the Lower East Side of Manhattan, aka Loisiada & Aphabet City.  We went to the same junior high school, high school and both started in the martial arts in the mid-sixties.  I quess you can say we go back to when the Dead Sea was sick.                                      Our search for the truth has led us on a journey of self discovery. Sensei Lewis trained with then instructor of Nisei Goju, Chaka Zulu, until he decided to leave the system to form his own style. Sensei Lewis  then went to Rico Guy's dojo for many years and found his way back to Nisei Goju International World Headquarters.  Sensei Lewis has always been a friend and always welcomed to our dojo.  He walked into the dojo giving proper respect, a big brotherly hug, and sat down next to me.  I asked him what was going on with this surprise visit.  He made a request to sport the Nisei Goju colors again.  I asked him, why me.  He told me he was tired of running around and wanted to come back home  to Nisei Goju.  I said, Brother Lewis, If Lebron James can go back home to Cleveland, Ohio. So can Sensei Sam  Lewis come back to Nisei Goju. This is his journey.                                                Sometimes our search for truth always leads us back home.  The road returning home had thorns we stepped on, our wounds will heal.  WELCOME HOME SENSEI LEWIS          

No comments: