Tuesday, December 9, 2008

ROLDAN ON ABC'S LIFE ON MARS

In the beginning of July, I retired from my job as a physical and martial arts educator for NYC's Department of Education. I've spent 28 years of my life teaching science, math, special education,health and physical education.

Now I spend my time developing the Nisei Goju curriculum and resurrecting my acting career of the early seventies. It nice to be back in the business.

Since the beginning of September. I have been a student of acting at the famous LEE STRAUSBERG THEATRE & FILM INSTITUTE. When you hear Strausberg, you think method acting.
It's a pleasure to be a student again. I'm a under belt again in another art, that of Method Acting, that has also been referred as the SYSTEM.
During the past two summers, I've done some background work the NBC series LAW AND ORDER and ABC's LIFE ON MARS. Now, I am meeting some very interesting people in the business and look forward to working with them.

This past summer I was very fortunate to work with Jason O'Mara, Harvey Keitel, Micheal Imperioli, and Gretchen Mol on the set of LIFE ON MARS. I worked on two episodes in the series and had a wonderful time working on episode five. Whoopi Goldberg was the guest star of show and is truly, a funny lady. Sorry I did not get a photo with her. Friends tell me she from Avenue D on the lower east side. That my neighborhood!

I also met on the set of LIFE ON MARS, John Cenatiempo and his brother Chris. Actually, it was Chris who introduced me to John. John Cenatiempo is the stunt coordinator on the set. I witnessed them blow up a car on the set on third street on the lower east side of Manhattan, really great work. It was nice to Chuck Zito, who was playing a cop in the middle of riot. I got the chance to meet some stuntmen who were also martial artists and that was a good thing.
Although, I was doing background, I hope to land a speaking role in the future. Wish me luck. In the photos from LIFE ON MARS episode 5 "Things to do in New York When You Think You're Dead" are Micheal Imperioli as Detective Ray Carling and me in the background. The second photo is me as a man comforting his lady friend after a girl was thrown off the roof. Check out the full episode on ABC.COM Click on photo to enlarge.




No comments: