Saturday, January 12, 2008

SERVICE TO NISEI GOJU AND ITS GRAND MASTER

A friend of mine, while looking at the plaques and awards on my walls, told me to place some of the awards on my blog. I said I did not have reasons to put the awards on my blog. He countered that by saying "people should know about your service to NISEI GOJU and its GRANDMASTER, FRANK RUIZ.

Early in the month of July 1970, Grand master Ruiz was struck by a car traveling 80 mph, while fixing a flat on the Brooklyn Queens Expressway in New York City. A sad day For Nisei Go Ju and the martial arts world. He got his ribs, arms and legs broken. He also sustained a number of skull fractures.

During his recovery, he would send me to the different Nisei Go Ju Schools to do his bidding.
I went to dojos all over the tri state area and the south to help the black belts brush up on Nisei Go Ju knowledge and skills. I was also fortunate to be placed at the helm of the NISEI GOJU WORLD HEAD QUARTERS.
It was a great pleasure to service the system and its grand master in that capacity.

Serving and supporting a martial system is a basic responsibility of all its black belts. This is done by remittance of annual dues and promotion fees. There are no martial arts organiations that work in a vacuum. All martials arts organization need the support of its membership. Last month Senior Renshi
Danny Lemus from Mira Mar, Florida sent me a Bold Black Ghi for christmas, thanks you Renshi Lemus. Junior Renshi keeps putting us on the you tube, I thank Renshi Fookes for giving us more exposure. Phone calls from Sempai Mitch Rosenberg from Baltimore, Maryland and Sensei Edwin Rodriguez from Margate, Florida were pleasant. It was nice to hear from them. Thank you all for your support.

Remember the NISEI GOJU SYSTEM will grow with support from its members.

Click on image to enlarge.

DON'T FORGET TO ATTEND THE UNIVERSITY OF THE STREETS FUND RISER WHICH WILL ALSO HELP NISEI GOJU SUNDAY 3PM
JAN.27,2008 130 EAST SEVENTH STREET (AVENUE "A")

Scroll down to December 19, 2007


No comments: