Sunday, October 21, 2007

GOSHINDO KEMPO / SAMURAI JIU JITSU HOMBU DOJ0 70'S


In the early seventies, every Sunday, I used to go to train with the Founder of the Goshindo Kempo Karate & Samurai Jiu Jitsu Association, Grand Master Pete Siringano (1928-1994). A long way to travel to learn some really good stuff. Continuing in his father's traditions is Grand Master Pete Siringano II.

I give thanks for the experiences I have had in the Hombu dojo of the Samurai Jiu Jitsu System. I don't remember the ones in the photo, but that's me in the forefront and dead center. The work outs were ferocious and real to life. I learned a lot from one of the founding fathers of east coast martial arts. GM Frank Ruiz and GM Pete Siringano were known as the Damon and Pythias of the martial arts world. GM. Pete Siringano I turned over his systems to his son, my brother in arms and my good friend Pete Siringano II. Keep kicking it Pete!

No comments: